DAD'S SHRIMP CREOLE
2 lbs shrimp, peeled
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
4 oz white wine
4 oz catsup
1 Tbl Anglers' Reel Blend
½ tsp cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
Sauté onion and green pepper until tender and add remaining ingredients. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
Serve over rice.
ALL SPICED UP SHRIMP & GRITS
2 cups water
1½ cups seafood stock
½ cup Half & Half
2 Tbl butter
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Black pepper to taste
1 cup quick grits (not instant)
3 oz Camembert cheese
1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
Extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
1 tablespoon Anglers' Reel Blend
scallions, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, bring water, stock and Half & Half to a boil.
- Add butter, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium high, and add grits slowly; stirring constantly so that they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Camembert and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the grits thicken.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil, paprika and Angler’s Reel Blend. Pour into a hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Finish grits with shrimp, a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and chopped scallions.
SALMON WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR, SPINACH & MUSHROOMS
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tablespoon Angler’s Reel Blend
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons All Spiced Up balsamic
- 1 tablespoon mustard (we like a pub-style mustard)
- 2 salmon filets (about 1 pound each)
- ¼ cup water (or red wine)
- 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- Rice or quinoa
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Sauté about one minute.
- Add spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Add Angler’s Reel Blend. Remove spinach and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Mix balsamic and mustard and the remaining tablespoon of garlic.
- Place salmon in skillet and spread about half the balsamic mixture over it. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, cover the other side with the remaining balsamic mixture and cook until done (about another 3-4 minutes).
- Remove salmon from pan.
- Add water (or wine) and de-glaze the bottom of the pan by scraping browned bits from the bottom.
- Add mushrooms and cook until done.
- Serve spinach, salmon and mushroom with your favorite rice, or quinoa.
Note: You can substitute 4 chicken breasts for the salmon.